Dana White to appear at World Championship Fighting event on Feb. 8

wcf_feb_poster2-r.jpg

World Championship Fighting has announced that UFC president Dana White will be appearing on its next card on February 8 in Wilmington, Massachusetts at the Aleppo Shriners Auditorium.

The show will be headlined by former UFC fighter Dan Lauzon, who will be taking on Team Renzo Gracie fighter Andrew Calandrelli.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

• dizzle says:

Who’s White going to be fighting during this event?

• Paul Balsom says:

Unless Dana suddenly remembered that there was a whole sport outside the UFC, it is difficult to believe he will actually be there. But it’s possible that there’s a little human inside that guy.

• Mike Wolfe says:

Maybe White will match up with Couture’s agent. I’d pay money to watch that.

• Kieran says:

Dana is fighting Monte Cox, i hear. No knees allowed, though.

• JacRabbit says:

I don’t know… the flyer says special guest appearance… Doesn’t really indicate much about Dana fighting. Though I would love to see the footage if that actually did go down.

Oddly enough, in an industry thats surrounded by finding out who’s better than who, its hard to believe that the UFC pres would risk getting beat up when he is the face of an this sort of organization… Doesn’t he have any wise PR agents?

• JacRabbit says:

And random question… but is there any relation between Dany Lauzon and Joe Lauzon?

• Sam Caplan says:

Dan is Joe’s little bro.

• Kieran says:

haha… jacrabbit thought we were being serious about dana fighting… dana’s “tough guy” image must be working…

• Sam Cupitt says:

I wouldn’t think Sean Gannon would be “featured guest” class

• Sam Caplan says:

Sean Gannon has a lot of supporters.

• Sam Cupitt says:

And also… why the hell is dana white going to this promotion? Is he just the promoter dude’s friend or is he buying it or what?

• Jay K. says:

What weightclass will Dana be fighting at and is this before the buffet or after?

• dizzle says:

Jay K. I don’t think you know this..but Dana White is very in shape for his age.

I seen the guy bench press over 300 pounds on TV. The guy is a shrekin beast if you ask me.

• bushoa says:

Dana is going to buy it and make it a feeder org for the ufc.

• Mike Wolfe says:

Sam, have you heard that? Is UFC looking at this organization for acquisition? Seems like a reasonable and even smart business move to acquire other shows as they did with WEC.

• Sam Caplan says:

To my knowledge, the UFC has no plans to make any new acquisitions.

Dana is from Massachusetts and is a true MMA fan. He was probably already planning to be in the area and decided he’d go watch some local fights.

I don’t think they’d buy a promotion that ran in a state in which MMA wasn’t regulated. I realize shows happen all the time in Mass. and promoters probably need to go through a boxing commission, but there’s a reason why the UFC hasn’t done a major show in Boston when they have so many Boston fighters on their roster. The Fleet Center would be perfect for a UFC show.