Wanderlei Silva posts blog entry about fight with Liddell

Former Pride Middleweight Champion, Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva has posted a blog entry on his website regarding his fight with former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell.

In a translated excerpt from the blog entry, Silva really doesn’t seem to show any disappointment in losing and just seems to be pleased in that it was a good fight and he was able to please his fans.

I really did give it my best and I’m here to prove I’ll take on anyone at all to prove Brazilians are macho and go all the way to the end. I’d like to thank all my fans. Were you excited? I’m just happy to have made you all enthusiastic!! It was worth it for the fans, my crew…and now let’s go for the next one!!

It is good to see that Silva still appears energetic to fight and I for one can’t wait to see him back in there. If you can read Portuguese you can read more of that blog at his official website.

Read More On FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

• Sam Cupitt says:

Just so you know… if you translate the blog entry in Babelfish… it’s pretty damn hilarious

• Gabber says:

Man, I love Silva, the guy is a Baller. He shows up, fights and doesn’t puss out. Everyone was so happy with the Sokodjou signing, but I think Wandy has a long potential history in the UFC. He is the bomb. I’d love to see them build him up with some middle of the pack opponents: Rashad, Jardine, Lyoto Machida. He deserves a decent LHW ranking. I can understand his last three losses. Cro Cop, Hendo & Liddell. I still think he should have finished Liddell when he had the chance. People are saying he looked rocked, but to me he was just pushing the fight. He wanted a brawl, not a full mount beating. 😛 He almost seemed to want Chuck to stand back up

• jaydog says:

“Brazilians are macho.” Superficially, this makes sense coming from Wandy, but I have a feeling that some element of subtlety has been lost in the translation. I mean, does The Axe Murderer really need to PROVE that Brazilians are macho? Machismo radiates from Silva 24/7. If by macho he means “throws great knees to the head,” then yes, it’s back to the drawing board. Glad to see that Wandy’s positive attitude is still rising to the top.

• Mike Wolfe says:

I hope he fights again, and soon. He fought very well, and his resume speaks for itself, but I couldn’t help but wonder if he was a little overwhelmed by the hype, etc. of the fight with Liddell. He seemed a little tight in the first round in particular.

• nate says:

Wanderlei Siiilllllllvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I am a big fan & want him back. Heck yeah he did awesome.

• jacksplatt says:

go wand go

• funkpeegree says:

Hello.

“The birth took place at the couple’s home (just outside Oslo),” says the palace, adding mother and baby were both well.
    Bye.