Yarennoka Video: Fedor vs. Hong-man Choi

Right now there’s a comment thread with a major debate going on in regard to the Fedor vs. Hong-man Choi fight at Yarennoka! from New Year’s Eve. In case you haven’t seen the fight yet, below is the video for you to check out:

• […] Fedor Emelianenko def. Hong Man Choi – Armbar Submission @ 1:54 of Rd. 1  WATCH this FIGHT […]

• […] Emelianenko cuts easy.  WATCH this FIGHT Yeah, yeah, yeah. Fedor beat Hong Man-Choi. Whoopty doo. I know this isn’t new information […]

• Rashad #1 says:

As GSP would say “I was not impressed by your performance”

• Dan Cruickshank says:

Where is this comment thread with a major debate?

And for me it’s quite impressive to see Fedor beat Choi. Everyone assumes it was in the bag, but Choi out weighs Fedor by +140 lbs. That’s huge. I’m not sure that someone Fedor’s size can strike will against him. A high kick reaches Choi’s belly button, and to throw a right-hand fedor has to punch over 24″ up in the are! The he’s too heavy to throw around, to big to effectively strike. The only way for the fight to end up is Fedor pulling guard and submitting him. And even then, watch the fight… Notice the time where Fedor is just -hanging- mid-air rom his arm?

I think it is an achievement for Fedor to beat a Choi who out weights him by 140 lbs.

• Sam Caplan says:

The debate is in Adam Morgan’s thoughts on Yarrenoka post.

• Kevin says:

This fight was a freek show the likes of when Fedor fought Zulu. Very predictable outcome. To call this win “impressive” is a joke, just like the fight.

• Mike Wolfe says:

I don’t think you can reach any conclusions about striking with Choi from this fight. Fedor did land a big punch before the submission, and Choi moves very slowly. Fedor wasn’t looking to stand up with him. As far as kicks are concerned, Fedor didn’t try any. Choi is slow enough that he would difficulty blocking kicks to his legs. Cro Cop would have Choi for lunch. Choi’s size is impressive, but the fight went to the ground because Fedor wanted it there, and it’s easy to see why. Losing that quickly to an arm bar on the second attempt is unimpressive.

• Evan says:

Did HDNet release these vids from their copyright?

• Sam Caplan says:

These aren’t HDNet vids.

• Evan says:

I thought they were. My mistake. They already have so much of their programming freely released already I thought they were taking it up a notch. I am surprised they haven’t released the fights yet and I have been waiting to see if they did.

• rich says:

Yeah what a fight…..NO. I would rather watch paint dry than this fight. Get Fedor a real challange and fight Randy

• […] Yarennoka Video: Fedor vs. Hong-man Choi […]

• Ass says:

However, Fedor DID say that he is confident that he is going to KO Hong-man Choi with punches (in an interview before the match). I think he underestimated Hong-man in a way :S