Tonight on Inside MMA on HDNet…

I’ll be a part of the guest panel on tonight’s episode of “Inside MMA” on HDNet at 9:30 p.m. ET with hosts Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten.

I taped the show earlier this week in Los Angeles and I had a blast doing it. The crew at Inside MMA were super nice and they made the whole experience a very pleasant one. I just wanted to thank them publicly.

Joining me on the panel is Amir Perets, who has a background as a member of the Israeli special forces and now does anti-terrorism training, and Karo Parisyan.

If you’re a Karo fan, then you will enjoy the show. He was extremely outspoken and had us laughing quite a few times during the taping. He was very outspoken in his thoughts about how Randy Couture would do in a fight vs. Fedor Emelianenko, his thoughts on women’s MMA, and whether he turned down a chance to fight Jon Fitch.

• Dizzle says:

Sam did you have a sparring session with Karo so you would be ready for Fightlinker?

that’d be tight if you did.

I wont be able to watch the show tonight…my brother is getting married tomorrow and I dont have DVR.

Is there anyway you could post the video up after it airs tonight?

If so I would greatly appreciate it.

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek, I wish I could help you out but I was just a guest on their show. They still own the video.

• Evan says:

I think gofish.com or something will post it

• Dizzle says:

hmmm…I will look through ESPN to see if they post it up on the site.

Can I ask if you tried to promote FiveOuncesOfPain.com during the show?

• Sam Caplan says:

Derek, it’s not going to be on ESPN, it will be on HDNet.

In regards to the second question, take a wild guess. :)

• Jack says:

HDNet.com posts the shows a few days after they air also the re-air it on HDNet a few times during the week.

• Matt Boone says:

I’m a total mark for the Inside MMA show. I’ve seen every episode and I love it. I tell friends it’s like SportsCenter meets P.T.I. for MMA. It’s a great show with great elements and I’m looking forward to seeing Mr. 5 Oz’s do his thing this week. Congrats!

• Sam Caplan says:

Matt, thanks!

• Dizzle says:

Got ya HDNet where they do the cage fights sometimes. I’ve been on that channel alot here lately.

Well I need to watch this show…I’m gonna have to see if I can’t find it on the interwebs somewhere.

Hey Have any of you seen the dennis miller show when they had liddell and griffin on?

• Evan says:

Dizzle

I saw it. I thought it went over very well but Dennis was obviously clueless who he was interviewing.

• Dizzle says:

No doubt Evan. I thought Griffin was funny as hell on the interview.

expecially when he talked about being in a bar and how guys tend to look around at other guys seeing who they think they could beat in a fight. Then he talks about how you can’t do anything about having a smaller penis but u can about beating someone in a fight.

Chuck seemed very relaxed on the interview.

• Evan says:

I think that was the clearest we have ever heard Chuck. He has such a raspy breathy voice and it seems like he is working on it.

• Jay K. says:

Congrats Sam!

Does anyone know if HDNet is on Dish network?

Jay K.

• jaydog says:

HDNet on Dish Network is channel 9422. However, I have no idea what package you have to order to have it on your menu options. I’ve got Dish Network (no Versus, grrr) and no HDNet (Doh!).

• ponta says:

That was a great showing Sam, they should get you back on there asap.

• Sam Caplan says:

Ponta, thanks!

• robnashville says:

you can view the episode with sam here:

weird to see you speak out against the Rio Heroes stuff on the show but sell it advert space here.

• Sam Caplan says:

Why is it weird? Our advertisers don’t dictate our editorial policies. Our writers can write about whatever they want. When you watch the nightly news, is it presented commercial free?

I’m in charge of editorial and don’t deal with the sponsors. I leave that up to our site administrator, Matt Cava, whose full-time job is web marketing.

We have multiple writers on this site and I have never legislated what their opinions must reflect, and neither has Matt.

Rob, I don’t want to single you out because you aren’t the only one who has raised the issue. It’s a legitimate concern but I think it’s also a pretty straight forward reason. My feeling is that as our traffic grows, a lot of people can’t handle our success and are being very contrived in their criticism of us.

Not everything we are going to do is going to make everyone happy. My hope is that people read and enjoy this site, but we can’t be all things to all people. There are plenty of options out there for people to choose where they can get their MMA news from. RioHeroes.com advertised on MANY websites, not just this one. If people are uncomfortable that we have sponsors on this site to offset our expenses then they are free to read a site that does not have any sponsorship.