Predictions for tonight’s WEC card on Versus

The WEC returns to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino tonight for their final card of 2007. The Zuffa-owned fight promotion is ending the year in style with the light heavyweight, middleweight, and featherweight titles all up for grabs.

In addition to the title fights, tonight’s show, which will air live at 9 p.m. ET on Versus, will feature the WEC debut of Jens Pulver.

Here are my predictions for the card:

Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran for the WEC featherweight title – We’ve seen a lot of great matches in 2007 and this could go down as one of them. Curran is very well-rounded and Faber is as well, as his standup game does not get nearly as much credit as it deserves.

I expect this to be an evenly contested battle with Faber holding a slight advantage on the ground and Curran having the advantage standing. Faber is the pure definition of gameness and will be up for this fight, more so than usual. I expect him to deliver in the clutch and walk away with a five round unanimous decision.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE REMAINDER OF THIS ARTICLE ON SAM CAPLAN’S PROELITE.COM BLOG

• ACanadianPotHead says:

Hey Sam, how can a guy from Canada watch this sweet card?

Also, I gave you some grief for predicting Koscheck over my boy GSP, who do you have with Hughes – GSP 3?

• Sam Caplan says:

I’m not sure about the WEC in Canada. Maybe The Fight Network?

I’m going with GSP over Hughes.

• woooburn says:

i agree with all these, except the length of the curran/faber fight. i think it’ll be more explosive, and end early in the second. i’d really like curran to win, but i think faber will overwhelm him.

and here’s hoping little evil can pull it off. didnt look too sharp against bj, but maybe he’s turned a corner. i’d hate to see him hang it up at this point.

p.s. that tshirt ad with the screaming santa makes me laugh every time i see it.

• ttt says:

not on fight network in canada, alternatives must be found 😉

• garth says:

speaking of koscheck, tell him to call me, whoever put together his banner ads did him an injustice…the Mar clothing one here looks like he has a tiny koscheck baby he’s carrying, and it also has that one pic of him looking all greased-up-deaf-guy, which is NOT A GOOD SHOT of an already not so good looking character. Bad graphic design! I’ll fix it.

• Dizzle says:

man I can’t even watch this tonight….this really sucks I missed the last 3 episodes of TUF because of Kickboxing and now i have to miss WEC.

does anyone know when this will replay on fight network?

• Jeff says:

why the safe picks sam? i like curran over faber, swanson over pulver, (although i’m rooting for the opposite in both of those fights), sonnen will be MUCH tougher on filho than doerksen (although a surprised filho will catch him in a sub), and marshall is gonna gas and getted ko’d.

let’s revisit this tomorrow :)

• ACanadianPotHead says:

Tks anyways Sam…..and nice choice, Im with you on that one……

Just for the record, its not on the fight network, but I found a sweet site that works great. I would hate to see fiveounces get in any shit for publishing this website, so email me if you want to know what to do.

Im watching Versus right now on my computer……….

• Dizzle says:

oh thats right it’s on versus network. Hmmm what time does it start? I’m in florida so I dont know how that effects time zone.