WEC 31 Card Finalized

The WEC website has confirmed the final fight card for the WEC 31 event on December 12. The event will be held at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The card will feature three separate title defenses in the featherweight, middleweight, and light heavyweight divisions, as well as a featherweight bout between Jens Pulver and Cub Swanson.

The finalized fight card is as follows:

• Urijah Faber (c) vs. Jeff Curran (for featherweight title)
  • Paulo Filho (c) vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
  • Doug Marshall (c) vs. Ariel Gandulla (for light heavyweight title)
  • Cub Swanson vs. Jens Pulver
  • John Alessio vs. Todd Moore
  • Alex Karalexis vs. Ed Ratcliff
  • Chance Farrar vs. Micah Miller
  • Brian Bowles vs. Marcos Galvao
  • Dominick Cruz vs. Charlie Valencia
  • Bryan Baker vs. Eric Schambari

I don’t know about you, but I would not mind seeing this entire card.

• garth says:

I’m with you there. Hopefully we’ll get the rest of these fights later on a Wrekcage ep or three…Farrar-mMiller should be good, and I like Charlie Valencia a lot…the top of the card looks solid as anything WEC’s put together, tho…

• JJ says:

Does anyone know exactly which fights are set to be broadcast? This is gonna be a great card, 3 title fights in one night?!? I just wish WEC would get it together a little bit next year and provide a card every 2 months even instead of 4.

• Greg Urban says:

Looks really good……I can’t wait.

• Dizzle says:

is this ppv?

• Paul Balsom says:

It’s live on Versus on December 12. Free TV.

• Dizzle says:

sweet I’m marking it down in my planner. I gotta watch this. I think WEC has alot of exciting fights.

I actually seen Tommy Speers fighting someone on there not too long ago.

• CacophonyKid says:

I’m sure this issue has been raised time and time again, but I still don’t get it. Why doesn’t Zuffa merge WEC and UFC???

• Jeremy says:

JJ, I think the WEC’s new deal for next year with Versus is supposed to provide many more live events to air.

• Gabber says:

Anyone in Canada know if it is just on Fight Network?

Like the EliteXC show…

• Andrej says:

I think Dominik Cruz is injured and Ian McCall is replacing him.

• Sam Cupitt says:

Cacophony kid,

Zuffa bought the WEC and don’t want it to be seen as an inferior product. They are probably making a fair amount of bucks from their TV deal with Versus and gettign a lot of exposure.

However, i still reckon Zuffa should scrap the WEC’s middleweight division because they dont really need one, and should just focus on the lower weight classes.

• Zuffa keeps the WEC up and running just so people have a choice.
    If the UFC was the only major promotion they would be accused of being a monopoly.

Zuffa owns the promotion but its run by different people…

• Dizzle says:

WEC is a great org though. I’ve seen nothing but exciting fights during their invents.

I absolutely love WEC. I think it was a wise investment for the UFC.

• Jay K. says:

Great promotion and every fight is worth your attention. Definitely will watch this one. Is it me or do all of these guys reek of being “Badasses”?

Great program,

Jay K.

• JAY says:

I caint wait to see Alex Karalexis destroy Ratcliff. Soon he will have his shot at the title, Ratcliff you better get some ice packs ready because you are gonna get your face bruised up!