Breaking News: EliteXC signs Kimbo Slice for Nov. 10 show

Kimbo_EliteXCProElite.com is reporting that Kimbo Slice has been signed to a long-term contract by EliteXC.

I spoke with EliteXC live events president Gary Shaw earlier and Shaw revealed that Kimbo’s debut for the promotion will take place on a Nov. 10 card in Corpus Christi, Texas.

To read the entire transcript of my conversation with Gary, just click here to be taken to the article on my ProElite.com blog.

• dizzle says:

FUCK YEA! Just like I had stated…EliteXC or Bodog will pick up Kimbo.

This is going to make things really exciting.

by the way is EliteXC still having their monthly HBO specials?

• Evan says:

You mean Showtime? They have shows there yes.

Kimbo got his bread I suppose.

• Davey D says:

It was only a matter of time before an org put some faith into Kimbo gave him his shot. I believe he will succeed. This might sound funny but how about Ben Rothwall vs. Kimbo Slice? I’d pay to see that one.

If Kimbo continues to train with Bas, I think he’ll grow and become a fighter to be feared for some time.

• Evan says:

Ben Vs Kimbo…hey why not… How much does Kimbo weigh?

Ugh…wish Fedor had inked up with EliteXC.

• Jeremy says:

Davey D, you will have to wait til next year for Kimbo versus Rothwell. Even though he is out of the Grand Prix, Ben is under their control until the end of the year. I would assume they will just make the Kimbo vs. Tank fight again.

• […] Slice” Sam Caplan of ProElite and 5oz, after speaking with EliteXC’s Gary Shaw has reported that they have signed  “Kimbo Slice”  to a long term […]

• Leland says:

Great addition.

You can’t deny that he is entertaining to watch and he will sell seats and PPV’s.

• dizzle says:

hopefully all the hype behind Kimbo will be good for his performances…im just hoping he’s going to prove that he’s a great fighter.

• dizzle says:

hey Sam…your elite blog doens’t load correctly at all if ur a mac user like myself. The style sheets make your text look like ass. just leting u know that.

• Ben Fowlkes says:

Wow. At least the above picture doesn’t look like a mugshot or anything. Seriously, did they just stand him up in front of a blank wall for that photo?

In any event, I’m glad to see Kimbo get in a real org. Now maybe we can see him fight somebody, though they might have a tough time getting a fight with somebody as experienced as Rothwell sanctioned, given the disparity in records. What’s Sean Gannon up to these days?

• Mr. Takedown says:

Dude I made that Kimbo/EliteXC pic.

Here’s the Mercer fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UcmIQ4xLrY

• […] with EliteXC Pro Elite has announced the signing of Kimbo Slice to EliteXC. It was confirmed by Five Ounces of Pain earlier today. Slice is a famous internet fighter (he was a backyard brawler with his fights on […]

• Mr. Takedown says:

Dizzle – you bitch a lot. We love that you read this blog everyday but damn man, chill out.

We’ll look to see how to fix it for Mac users.

• […] Caplan’s Five Ounces Of Pain blog reveals that Kimbo’s Elite XC debut for the promotion, will take place on a November […]

• dizzle says:

Mr. TakeDown it’s not bitching considering I’m helping you guys out. I bring traffic to this site and elite blog. It’s just difficult to understand whats going on with the other site not loading correctly. So take a chill pill or a vicoden or something.

• D PEOPLES CHAMP says:

Kimbo will be the man in MMA

• Ben Fowlkes says:

Sorry, Mr. Takedown. I can’t act like I haven’t had to doctor pics for the IFL site before. Let me tell you, it ain’t easy trying to take some dude’s MySpace profile picture and turn it into something usable for an online fight card.

• dizzle says:

Ben it’s very easy if your an Elite graphic designer.

• Davey D says:

If I had to chose between Kimbo fighting Big Ben or Tank, I’d pick Ben. I really don’t see Tank doing anything to hurt Kimbo except maybe, maybe KO’ing him with his first 20 punches or so. Slice’s head looks like 5 pounds of granite so him getting KTFO by Tank really seems slim to me.

Whoever he fights in EXC, I’ll be watching it fo’ sho’.

• […] Earlier today ProElite.com broke the news, which was confirmed by Sam Caplan at fiveouncesofpain.com. […]

• Dave says:

Where can I watch this fight at a bar in Miami? Kimbo’s from Miami but no one seems to care or carry this fight even though its on Showtime.